Spy Games Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, August 5, 2011

Spy Games Chapter 29 Teaser

Hi Everyone. I hope you enjoyed Chapter 28, which is now posted on FF.net and Twilighted.com. Here's the teaser for Chapter 29, entitled "Die, Go To Jail, or Run." The song for this chapter is "Heavy in your Arms" by Florence & The Machine.



Spy Games Chapter 29 Teaser:

"At midnight on the dot, I was walking into the same little diner Edward had taken me to the night we’d met at the Red Room. This was the spot where we’d made our arrangement. How long ago that seemed, so very far away, almost out of reach.

Sitting in the corner far in the back, drinking a cup of coffee and reading a paper, was The Snake. He was wearing his typical page boy hat, turned backwards, and journalist vest with all the pockets. I walked over and scooted in across the booth from him.

“Ms. Swan, how are you tonight?” he greeted, folding his paper and placing it down between us.

“Fabulous, yourself?”

“Hoping it gets better. When we talked on the phone, you said you had something for me?”

I nodded. “I do. And I think it’s gonna be something you’ll be very interested in. But I’ll only give it to you if the price is right.”

“If the price is right?” His eyebrows raised incredulously. “So this incognito meeting is not about the money you and your -- boyfriend -- owe me?”

I sighed and shook my head, not seeming to understand. Apparently, Edward hadn’t made good on his promise of twenty thousand dollars, since the twist Eleazar put on the story definitely worked. Everywhere I looked, everywhere I turned, everyone was talking about how perfect we were for each other and how they’d known all along that it was him I was screwing.

“The last time we saw each other,” Eleazar continued, “you two were blackmailing me into spinning my story into something you preferred. Now, my daughter’s in rehab and twenty other reporters beat me to the punch on your birthday party. The story was dog-shit by then, so you’ll just have to be satisfied with what I was able to do.”

“It was perfect, thank you,” I tried to sneak in.

But Eleazar was on a roll, and he barely heard me. “And now you want my help? How 'bout I tell you to fuck off and I leave before you drag me into something else equally as unrewarding."

“I didn't say I needed your help, Mr. Michael. I believe you need mine."

He started laughing hysterically, throwing his hands down on the table. "That’s great. Just what would I possibly want from you?"

I pulled a manilla folder out of my purse and laid it on the table between us. “A love story. A real one."


Well, that's all I got. Thanks for reading, and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment